Server-Gated Cryptography (SGC) Certificates enable 128- or 256-bit SSL encryption (depending on the Web browser, operating system, and host server). The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) enables 256-bit encryption, much stronger than 128-bit. If your server and your site visitor’s browser support 256-bit encryption, then all SSL Certificates will deliver this higher level of protection.
You need the strongest SSL encryption available, when...
- You transmit health care or insurance claim records electronically.
- Your reputation depends on the privacy and integrity of your information.
- You allow network access to confidential bank or brokerage account information.
- You accept credit card, debit card, purchase card, or other online payments.
- You must meet privacy and security standards as a government agency.